The word “conversion” define as “the process of changing and causing something to change from one form to another.”
Many people are probably familiar with this term related to religious conversion or two-point conversions in football.
And not the marketing definition of conversion, but it’s helpful to see how one translates to the other.
And conversion in marketing is when the visitor to our website completes the wants goal. In this way, It converts from visitors to leads and purchases something for customers.
A conversion occurs when someone changes from the passive visitor to the active, interested visitor and customer.
What is the Conversion?
- What exactly are conversions? It depends on our business, and there are various possible conversions. And the main modifications that marketers often refer it include:
- Also leads
- And Email signups
- And form completions
- Also registration
- And subscription
- Also, visits to the critical page
- And also phone calls (and another direct contact)
- Not all of these conversions apply to all businesses, and there may require other modifications our company can track.
- Anything that indicates customer interest and takes them a step closer in the buying cycle may require the conversion.
Why We Do Conversions Matter?
- Conversions matter because they make our business profitable. The ultimate transformation is the sale.
- But other conversions are valuable if they help us find leads and nurture them into paying customers. Even if we did not know it and still did not wholly understand modifications, they were valuable.
- The real question must why tracking conversions matters. And tracking sales conversions is essential to know whether and not our business is profitable.
- But lesser conversions are helpful to track as well. By tracking conversions, we can understand what interests our customers, what marketing tactics work, and where our marketing may fall short if users fail to convert.
- Also, tracking this information can help you adjust your website, marketing, and sales tactics to improve profitability.