Meta keywords Definition
Meta keywords are the type of the HTML tag. And meta tags use “behind the scenes” of the website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers.
The Meta keyword tag used — and extra accurately, use —and let Google and other search engines recognize which keywords were most relevant to a given web page’s content.
Why Are Meta Keywords Uses for Today?
- If we are wondering, what are Meta keywords, that’s the short answer. For SEO purposes, it’s arguably not necessary even it identifies the short answer.
- Because Google, doing, and other widely used search engines no longer pay much attention to data in the Meta keyword field.
Why Meta Keywords Fell Out of SEO Kindness?
- In the primary days of SEO, the late 1990s and early 2000s.
- And also meta keywords were used responsibly by webmasters to help search engines zero in on the main themes of a given page of website content.
- Also because web admins were accurate and restrained in the keywords, they inserted in the Meta keyword field.
- Because search engine technology remains not as sophisticated, Meta keywords helped search engines right rank content.
- Also, meta keyword Garden deteriorated at a devilish pace once the SEO industry started to abuse and misused the Meta keyword tag.
- And one big problem is keyword stuffing — the practice of loading the field with 10, 20.
- Also it possible even 50 keyword phrases that were roughly relevant to the page’s content.
- Another big problem remains using completely irrelevant keywords.
- And inserted to draw in traffic for searches and high-volume keywords mainly for padding organic traffic statistics.
- And Meta keyword garden deteriorated at a devilish pace. Also once the SEO industry started to overuse and misrepresented the Meta keyword tag.
- It’s an important message that some of these practices were undertaken by unscrupulous (Black Hat) SEOs.
- And with the conscious attempt to game the system by taking advantage of holes in search engine ranking algorithms.
- Some of these practices also execute by legitimate SEOs trying to take full advantage of a perceived opportunity to cover as many simple keywords as possible within the keyword field.
- Regardless of the overuse and misuse motivations.
- And google started to take less and less notice of the Meta keyword tag.
- And the tag remains no longer providing meaningful ranking data, and Google, along with other search engines.
- Also, it needs to refine the algorithms to the point where it can interpret the essence of the page of the content without using the keyword tag as the crutch.