PageRank If you’ve started researching the world of SEO positioning, you’ve probably heard of a website’s PageRank.
It is the algorithm that Google has used as a basis for web positioning since it began its activity.
Specifically, PageRank is a measure of authority.
To measure this authority, Google assesses two relevant factors the number of links to a website.
The importance (and currently also the relevance of these links)
In Google’s words, ” PageRank takes into account the number and quality of links that a website receives.
It assumed with this statement is that the most significant websites are more likely to receive links from other websites. ” Source.
This image, available on Wikipedia, shows two ways to get authority in a simple network expressed in percentages.
One, as in Ball B’s case, is to get a lot of links from less authoritative pages.
The other, as in the C ball, get links from pages with more authority than yours.
Although it is a simplistic vision, this image sums up reasonably accurately the possible strategies to carry out in Link building.
What is the Importance of PageRank?
- After knowing what the tool that positions the pages of Google searches is and how it works.
We take to understand what is the importance of PageRank for your site.
- The strong point of PageRank is the placement of a site when a user searches.
- In other words, the chances that your site will retrieve due to the search result are great if it is well-positioned.
- Therefore, the importance of PageRank is that it defines where your site will appear when doing a Google search.
- To keep sites or blogs alive, what matters is the number of hits; PageRank will help you increase traffic on your page.
How can we see the Page Rank of my Website?
- The reality is that today you cannot know for sure.
- Yes, it was possible before, but it was more problems than benefits.
- This score open to the public, many websites took the opportunity to meet the algorithm’s criteria (which is not perfect), bypassing human users behind the searches.
- It led to link sales pages and other types of Black Hat strategies that Google has never liked.
How does the PageRank to a web today?
- PageRank is undoubtedly a significant factor in SEO positioning.
- But today, it is far from the only one, of course.
- The fact that a website has authority does not mean that it is what you are looking for, even more so if it does not match your search.
- For this reason, Google combines this factor with many others, such as those included in on-page SEO or the latest and cutting-edge semantic recognition technologies.
- It also means that there is no single and unmistakable way to improve your web positioning, but instead, it is necessary to worry about many small factors and details.
- It is the sum of all these factors that make a website attractive to Google and users.
- And its inception has been many changes in the way Google works.
- These changes have been relegating PageRank to a secondary role within the main algorithm.
- However, the fact that it continues to exist and has a specific weight confirms that Google takes into account users’ role in the relevance of searches.
- Although it may seem complicated, it is more straightforward than it looks.
- The fact that Internet users share links to websites is a way of identifying what content adds value to the network.
- It makes sense to reward that content that is marked as relevant by many users.
How to write a blog post that’s engaging and SEO-friendly
When it comes to writing for SEO and engaging your audience, it may seem as if there is tension between…