PBN defines aircraft navigating performance requirements on the ATS route, terminal, and an approach procedure.
And individuals routes and procedures are composed of the way-points express by WGS 84 coordinates rather than fixes.
Also, it defines by radial/bearing and distance from ground navigation aids and permits point-to-point operations flexibility.
What are the Benefits of PBN?
- The application of Area Navigation (RNAV) requires Navigation Performance (RNP) specifications, altogether components of PBN, PBN it provides.
- The means for flexible routes and terminal procedures, reduce aviation congestion, conserve fuel, protect the environment, reduce the impact of aircraft noise.
- Also, it improves the safety and accessibility of challenging airports and increases airspace capacity.
PBN Activities of APAC RSO
- APAC RSO supports States on various PBN implementation activities. Among them. The key activities are RNAV and RNP Instrument Flight.
- It procedure design consultation and reviews, ATC Training customized to newly developed RNAV and RNP procedures by States, airspace and ATS route review for PBN introduction, and it airspace Design Workshop.
- APAC RSO actively participated in APAC PBN Symposium, APAC PBN Implementation and Coordination Group (PBNICG), and it operational Approval Workshop, and PBN implementation seminars.
What are the Components of the PBN Concept?
- PBN one of several enablers of the Airspace concept. The others Communications, ATS Surveillance, and ATM.
- And the concept comprises three components. The navigation is specifications, navaid infrastructure, and navigation applications.
- The navigation specification also prescribes the performance requirements in terms of accuracy, integrity, and continuity for proposed operations in a particular Airspace.
- And the navigation specification also describes how these performance requirements achieve. Its navigation functionalities require completing the prescribed performance.
- It is also associated with the navigation specification requirements related to pilot knowledge and training and operational approval. The navigation specification is either an RNP specification or an RNAV specification.
- An RNP specification includes the requirement for on-board self-contained performance monitoring and alerting, while an RNAV specification does not.
- The navaid infrastructure relates to the ground- and space-based navigation aids called up in each Navigation Specification. The availability of the navaid infrastructure considers enabling the navigation application.
- And the navigation application also refers to applying the navigation specification and navaid infrastructure in the context of an airspace concept to ATS routes and instrument flight procedures.
- The navigation capability graphic depicts the navigation capability and the relationship between the navigation specifications defined within the ICAO PBN Concept.
What are the Implementations of PBN Challenges?
- Several challenges exist associates with the introduction of it most notably in fields.
1. Pilot Training
- Globally, pilots do not take the same knowledge and skill level about it. Subsequently, no worldwide standardization exists on this. The scope, length, and methods of training and trainer expertise and skills may vary considerably.
2. Names, Definitions, and Charts
- As the new technology, there are many definitions, names, and criteria, which are still evolving. It creates confusion among pilots, airlines, and regulators.
How to write a blog post that’s engaging and SEO-friendly
When it comes to writing for SEO and engaging your audience, it may seem as if there is tension between…