Meeting Minutes Definition
Meeting minutes most of us take attended the meeting madly scribbling.
And we thought we were meeting minutes to find out later that we miss important information that the notes we took never used.
If we often question what information we must record and what we must leave out? Recording valuable meeting minutes doesn’t take to be hard!
And also that capture the purpose of the meeting and its agreed outcomes are the record that can refer back to and used for follow-up purposes.
And valuable meeting minutes are clear and to the point, but at the same time, they do not leave out important information.
Also, it keep the record of what ultimately discusses the meeting, including any decision-making or action taken.
Also typically, its are recorded by the secretary and assistant, but any appointed individual can do it.
What Needs to be Included in Meeting Minutes?
- When we were writing it we need to include different kinds of information. Here’s the list of what needs to contain invaluable it:
- And the Date and time, and place of the meeting
- Also the purpose of the meeting
- And also, the names of attendees and those who were unable to attend it.
- Also agenda items
- And the decisions that were made
- Also, actions that need doing include the deadline and who it was assign.
- Follow-up meeting
- Also, it prepares our meeting minutes by writing down the things we know beforehand, like Date, time, location, purpose, and agenda items.
- And we only take to add the things that we discuss, like the outcome of the meeting.
Why are Meeting Minutes Important?
- Though it seems like writing it can take lots of time, they will help us save time and money.
- And meeting minutes provide the written record of what was discuss and agreed upon at the meeting.
- So our colleagues take the same recollections from the discussion and the same ideas about what remains to settle.
- And with good this, we make sure everyone knows what decisions and what needs to be achieved by what Date.
- Not taking this it can costly in terms of both time and money, for example, when our colleagues and we take different recollections of what was agreed during the meeting.
- And in the worst case, if its are not written, we may take the repeated meeting. So get into the habit of taking its a good practice.