Content Inventory Definition
Content inventory the basis of any website redesign project. And also the content management system of the migration effort.
And the content Inventory precisely what it sounds like the quantitative analysis of the content of the website.
Also, in its typical form, the content inventory list of files, traditionally managed in the spreadsheet, that used as the starting point in the journey from as-is to to-be.
Throughout the redesign or migration project, the content Inventory accrues additional information.
And the original list of files (URLs of pages, images, documents), the content strategist, and the content manager.
It starts to add extra columns of information to indicate content ownership within the organization, status of the review, notes for migration, redirects and SEO-optimized URLs, and so forth.
The spreadsheet frequently organizes by the structure of the site. So that site navigational model its derives. The Inventory may also use as the method by which content tracks from one system to extra.
And also, double as the copy deck if the content rephrases and the site migration team using the Inventory to guide page rebuild.
By the time the project complete, the spreadsheet often the most comprehensive repository of information about the site’s content and structure. Apart from the Content inventory, you can also make use of Knowledge management for your business knowledge management helps you to avoid duplicated work.
Why Organize the Content Inventory?
- The reasons it creates the content Inventory include:
- Assess as-it landscape of the site
- It provides the basis for project estimation
- It helps identify patterns in content structure
- Also, it sets the baseline to measure to-be site against
- The basis for migration tracking
When it Inventory?
- At the start of a site redesign
- In preparation for the content management system in the migration project
- As part of ongoing site maintenance
What is The Problem with Content Inventories?
- If the content inventory so crucial to the redesign. And migration project and the ongoing maintenance of the site, why so dreaded?
- For one, they very time-consuming to create. And it becomes out of date very fast if the site is frequently updated. And hard to maintain and, once customized, challenging to correct.
What is the Solution Content WRX Audit?
- Content WRX Audit allows the content strategist and content manager to quickly create comprehensive site inventories that offer rich data about each page.
- And the links in and out the number, names of images, videos, documents associated with each page.
- And the metadata on each page. Even extra critical to making the ongoing content analysis and management more superficial. It runs the Inventory today, saves the report, reruns it later, and sees what’s changed.
- It can quickly locate new, removed, and changed files, makes it easier to keep the Inventory up to date, allows for efficient quality assurance.
- And it helps ensure that the content analyst comprehensive picture of the site at any given time. We understand where we make it easier to plan to get to where we want to be.
Also Read: What is the Alien Corporation? – Works, Requirements, and More
Review What is the Content Inventory? – Definition, Organize, Inventory, and More.