E-book the short for “electronic book” and uses either a computer, mobile device, or eBook reader to display long-form texts in book form.
And E-books take multiple digital “pages” that people can navigate through, and it often packages as PDF documents, so they easy sent from one user to another.
What Are the Benefits of the E-book?
- Let’s say we take a fantastic blog full of long-form content. Why in the world want to offer our readers an e-book? Is it even worth our time?
- Here are some advantages e-books offer content creators:
- ,Unlike long-form printed media, it’s immediately accessible.
- We can put it behind an opt-in of some kind, incentivizing our website visitors to become the lead if they want the information.
- In some ways, It takes design capabilities we might like to achieve on our blog.
- After the e book’s initial creation, we can distribute the file multitude of times with no additional production cost. They also take no associated shipping fees.
- We can embed links to other media in the book file, encouraging the reader to further engage with our content.
- Perhaps extra importantly, e books offer the numbers of advantages for our audience:
- E books are incredibly portable, stored on the sum of devices with no physical storage space associated.
- And the reader gets the choice to print the e book out if they want to consume the information in a traditional physical format. Otherwise, the digital format is environmentally friendly.
- Also, E books are accessible with the ability to increase font sizes and read aloud with text-to-speech.
- They’re also easily searchable if the reader is looking for something specific.
How is the E book Structured?
- There’s no set rule for organizing our content into the e book. It generally mimics a novel or textbook.
- It depends on what it is our writing approximately. But, there are some aspects of the e book we must make sure to adhere it.
- E books take some system of chapters and supporting images like the blog post.
- They also do well when further segmenting the text with sub headers that break down the discussion into specific sections.
- If we are writing about professional sports, for example, and one of our chapters about Major League Baseball (MLB) in the U.S., we might want to establish subchapters about the various teams belonging to the MLB.