So, you are confused about making a career choice. Today, when there is massive data generation across the globe, any career choice related to data can prove to be the best. It may include data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, and more.
In this article, we will discuss the Data Analyst job role, which is expected to become the hottest job role by the year 2025; but how? Let’s have a look at its answer!
- By the fiscal year 2025, the big data analytics market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 30% globally, thereby generating a revenue of over USD 68 billion, according to a report by Statista
- According to data by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job openings for data analysts are expected to increase by 20% between the forecast period of 2018 and 2028
- Becoming a Data Analyst, you can choose to be in any industry, including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, BFSI (banking, financial services, and investments), software products, retail, Information Technology, government agencies, media and entertainment, logistics, manufacturing, and more
- By choosing a career in data analytics, you get many options to choose from, including Data Analyst, Research Analyst, Business Analyst, Quality Analyst, and Marketing Analyst
- Top companies are looking for professionals who are skilled, trained, and certified in Data Analysis, thereby increasing the demand for skilled data analysts
Now that you have gone through such powerful stats regarding data analysts, did you know that these stats are also a result of the hard work of data analysts?
Many professionals these days prefer to take up a Data Analyst Course in order to make their careers in this ever-growing domain.
Let us have a look at what it means to be a Data Analyst and whether it is good to be a Data Analyst.
What is a Data Analyst?
Data Analysis is a systemic approach to obtaining insights from huge amounts of data to help organizations make informed decisions. The five phases included in the process of data analysis iterate continuously until the desired results are attained. They are:
- Identify the data that you need to analyze
- Collect the data
- Cleanse the data that is to be prepared for analysis
- Analyze the data
- Communicate the results of the analysis performe
The different forms of Data Analysis include:
- Descriptive Analysis: It answers what happened
- Diagnostic Analysis: This form answers why it happened
- Predictive Analysis enables you to form projections regarding future
- Prescriptive Analysis provides you with recommendations related to the actions to be taken
Is Data Analytics a Good Career Choice?
Data is considered gold today. And so is analytics. It is the analytics processes that turn data into usable formats and extract meaningful insights. Analytics is believed to drive businesses to create higher productivity. Businesses these days are looking for skilled data professionals who can extract insights from massive datasets with the use of specified tools and techniques. Let us look at the reasons for choosing analytics as your career domain.
Organizations of all sizes are looking for analytics experts
It has become crucial for businesses of all sizes to transform themselves on virtual platforms. This is possible by adopting big data analytics for enterprises, including insurance and banking, telecommunications, manufacturing, academia, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, and almost every organization that exists. This transformation has resulted in significant improvement in b2b market interactions, marketing strategies, manufacturing, productivity, and synchronized operations. There is consistent evolution in data and the ways in which it is processed and used for transforming businesses which makes this an exciting and ever-growing domain.
Plenty of job opportunities in different sectors
As stated earlier, data analysts are required in almost every domain. Now that every industry is going to be a tech industry with digital adoption for every possible task, you can choose to work in the IT sector as well as the non-IT sector.
The best time to enter into this domain is Now!! From movie recommendations on Netflix to fashion tips on eCommerce platforms, from personalized services to customer service chatbots, from making graphs of covid cases to making surveys regarding almost anything, big data analytics is everywhere.
Opportunities to work with Big Names
One of the most crucial reasons for working as a data analyst is that you get huge opportunities to work with some of the biggest names. When you look for global brands of analytics software providers, include Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, and also SAP. elite companies of different sectors where you can work as a data analyst are:
- Healthcare: Sanofi, Glenmark, GlaxoSmithKline, Alembic, Sun Pharmaceuticals, and many more
- Telecommunications: BSNL(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited), Bharti Airtel Limited, Reliance, and more
- BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance): ICICI Bank, HDFC, HSBC, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, IDBI Bank, Citigroup, BNP Paribas, and more
- Media and Entertainment: Amazon Prime, Netflix, Fox Entertainment, Time Warner, Viacom 18, NDTV, Dish Network, and more
- Automobile Industry: Maruti Suzuki, General Motors, Volkswagon, Hyundai, Honda, Morris Garage, and many more
- Retail: there are numerous retail companies, and the biggest names include Amazon, Reliance Retail, Future Enterprises, Flipkart, Landmark group, etc
Shortage of the right talent
Though there is a massive demand for data workers, there is a wide skill gap, and organizations find it difficult to have the desired talent pool in their workforce. Research states that nearly 81% of organizations prefer to hire skilled professionals who possess at least 3 years of experience. Some of them prefer candidates with master’s certifications as well.
But the fact is that these candidates are difficult to hire. The deficit of professionals with the desired skill set has forced companies to pay huge salaries to data analysts.
I hope you have now decided to launch or advance your career in the field of data analysis which is currently the hottest job around the globe. If this is so, you can take up an online course from a reputed training institute such as Simplilearn.
Enroll Yourself Now!!