Sight Draft Definition
Sight Draft is the financial instrument that is payable when its present, similar to the check.
It’s the most preferred form of payment in international trade. The exporter may not know the importer and his credentials in most of the cases during international trade.
Hence, he can not like to bear the credit risk. And sight drafts are very useful in facilitating overseas trade.
And the exporter would retain full ownership rights and title to the goods until full realization of the payment.
What is the Usage of Sight Draft?
- The exporter generally sends the sight draft along with other documents about the consignment to the importer.
- The exporter may like to be utterly sure about rates and quantity, shipping instructions, documents for customs clearances, etc.
- Hence, the exporter prepares all the above documents and sends the sight draft and those documents to the importer.
- And it can provide the opportunity for both parties to review the terms and conditions of their contract.
- If there is any difference in any of the above clauses, the importer can immediately object, and those documents can modify accordingly.
- Hence, reconciliations are possible before the actual shipment of goods. If such a situation arises, it can time and money-saving for both the exporter and the importer.
- Otherwise, bring back the products once shipped from another country can very tedious and expensive affair.
What is the Payment of Sight Draft?
- Technically the sight draft must pay when presented for payment. But it’s usually not the case.
- And the bank with whom the sight draft present may take a few working days to check the authenticity.
- And the validity of all the documents presented along with the sight draft.
- The letter of credit and bill of lading are present, along with it.
- The bank takes to ensure that the actual transaction has taken place. And the seller takes shipped the goods as per the terms and conditions agreed.
- The bank motivation only checks if the exporter has sent the consignment and not.
- It cannot hold liable for what has to remain shipped in the consignment, as it has no way of knowing that.
- The bank informs the exporter of finding any error and discrepancy.
- After the clearance of the issue, payment process. If the bank finds everything to be genuine and the exporter will receive the compensation within 2-3 working days.
5 Smart Ways To Market Your Beauty Business
Beauty Business – If you have your own beauty business, you will definitely want it to be booming and thriving…
Why Choose Product Owner Certification in 2021
Product Owner Certification – You’re in hunt of a new job or are looking to improve your product management skills,…